This Holiday Season, over 190,000 men and women in the U.S. military will be deployed overseas. That's 190,000 families that won't get to share turkey, exchange gifts, and spend time together.
As a thank you to these brave men and woman, we want to send ....20,000 thank you letters from San Diego (that’s YOU) to our troops!!
It's Kramer and Geena's BIG Thank You, and being a part of it couldn't be easier:
Take a few minutes to write a hand written thank you letter to the troops. THAT'S IT!
Then, drop it off at any SDCCU branch.
You can also drop off or mail your letters to the Channel 933 studios Monday - Friday 8:30a-5:30 p (9660 Granite Ridge Drive, suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123)
You can print one of our letter templates [BLANK] or [WITH LINES] OR just [CLICK HERE] to submit your message and we’ll create a letter for you and send it off!
So, what should I write?
Anything! There's no wrong answer for your thank you note. Here's some ideas to get you started:
- Start with "Dear Service Person", "Dear Patriot", "Dear Brave One", or your own greeting. Avoid "Dear Soldier", "Dear Marine" or "Dear Sailor" as these are specific military branches, and we cannot guarantee that your letter will be going to that service.
- Say thank you for their service, dedication, sacrifice, hard work and time away from home.
- How does their service affect your life? (Keeping your family safe, provides protection for our country, gives you the ability to spend the holidays safely with your family.)
- Write about yourself. We've heard from service persons who say that hearing a little about who they are serving helps put into perspective the importance of their service.
- Avoid any political commentary.
- Feel free to include your e-mail address if you would like to hear back from your service person.
- Kids can draw a picture!
Be sure to follow these rules:
- 8.5x11 or smaller.
- No photocopies.
- Be positive. Be kind and uplifting.
- No glitters.
- No envelopes.
- Handwritten letters only, no store bought cards.
- Do not attach food.
- If submitting multiple letters, please specify how many letters you are submitting.
Help this BIG project become even bigger by getting your office, your kids school, church or group involved. For group submissions, please bundle your letters in groups of 50, 100, or 250 with 2 rubber bands (one lengthwise & the other width wise) and add a note on the top that lists how many letters are in the bundle - this will be a huge help when sorting.
Deadline for your letter submission: November 17th!